Rando-Quotes

"If we can't learn to live together, we're gonna die alone"

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You Don't Get to 500 Million Friends Without ReBooting a Few Franchises

Ok, this will be a relatively important Superhero movie not called 'Dark Knight' in 2012 as well... Am I concerned? Of course. Am I excited? More so than originally. Director Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer and a bunch of music videos) does NOT inspire...anything really. Its easy to get angry about the demise of Sam Raimi's well-envisioned Spider-Man. Before Bale lowered his voice a couple octaves while trying to catch the doomed Ledger Raimi's portrait of a kid struggling with his own identity - secret or otherwise - was the modern blueprint. And while Andrew Garfield's sympathetic turn in The Social Network may have earned him a good chunk of studio credibility the fanboys are not gonna be quick to anoint the second coming of Peter Parker...especially if the whole venture still wreaks of sparkly vampires and shirtless werewolves (which, lets be honest, is exactly the demographic Sony is looking to snare with this backpedal into 'Spider-Man Goes to High School with obligatory love triangle' territory) when it lands in July....sometime after the Dark Knight Rises and before the Avengers Assemble next year.

So this doesn't show us much. But I'm more intrigued than I was before I saw it. For the record I am sincerely rooting for Andrew Garfield. I just think he is getting thrown into a Fanboy meat-grinder and he may not be ready for the backlash. Not that I sympathize... Herrrre 'goez

No comments:

Nuggets

Nuggets
Most of the Science Fiction Vehicles in the known multiverse TO RELATIVE SCALE

PANDORA's BOX - Some of what I'm Listening to..

Showing some of my most recent Pandora Station Selections. If you want a serious 90's hip-hop "fire-and-forget" party mix, I always recommend "Black Sheep Radio"