Rando-Quotes

"If we can't learn to live together, we're gonna die alone"

Friday, February 4, 2011

File Under: AT&T's Rebound... a cute trist with Android

You have to feel a little bit sorry for AT&T at the moment, and maybe more importantly their shareholders. This is likely going to be a really tough week for those folks. Verizon began pre-sales for their version of the iPhone 3s Wednesday morning...and pre-orders are now closed. All the tech blogs I've checked come to the same overall conclusion; the iOS experience on Verizon's network seems to be significantly superior.

AT&T, now likely completely confused about what software platform to align itself with jumped to release what I admit is a pretty slick looking Android device by Motorola (whose original Droid I still own and swear by) in order to make some sort of statement about their hardware maintaining pace... Frankly AT&T's television ad campaigns have left me totally confused as they jump from Android to Windows to iOS and back... poor little guys with a shitty network..

A link here to Motorola's nifty flash demos on the ATRIX. I still haven't been somewhere where any of my friends sporting 4G devices like an EVO have demonstrated any kind of distinguishable advantage in speed with their network's capabilities.. I'll keep watching out of a general sense of curiosity... but one wonders what would drive AT&T to maintain the charade at this point.

More on the Verizon iPhone as it becomes available. Peep the Atrix below:


Motorola ATRIX 4G - dual-core phone - Android smartphone - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

No comments:

Nuggets

Nuggets
Most of the Science Fiction Vehicles in the known multiverse TO RELATIVE SCALE

PANDORA's BOX - Some of what I'm Listening to..

Showing some of my most recent Pandora Station Selections. If you want a serious 90's hip-hop "fire-and-forget" party mix, I always recommend "Black Sheep Radio"