Rando-Quotes

"If we can't learn to live together, we're gonna die alone"

Friday, January 14, 2011

Spider-Man is Dying...

Well this is the first I've heard of this and I don't have a penchant for following "Death Of.." storylines because the tendency is to use this gimmick to sell various chromium covers of the same issue and other such nonsense. I stopped being a comic book "Collector" a long time ago. Now I just wanna know the stories.
The Shot that will Change a Universe..cover by Leinil Yu  

Anyways, this is hot off the press. Spider-Man to be shot and killed by..I don't even know who this guy is. With the Captain America Star and the Punisher Skull and the Whatnot... In any event, this takes place within the Marvel "Ultimates" universe. Another clever trick they used to re-tell the origin tales of several of Marvel's key (read movie-ready) characters, some of which were reborn with major character differences such as ethnicity (Sgt. Fury, now portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers continuity).

So fear not, for your friendly neighborhood webslinger is sure to reappear sooner rather than later.. Probably with more than enough time to get ready for his ill-advised movie franchise re-boot...

I do like the nod to the first appearance of The Punisher in Amazing Spider-Man #129. Yu's "crosshair" illustration is more than a slight homage to the introduction of Marvel's most popular and controversial figures.

The story arc takes place during the April run of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #157 and Ultimate Comics Avengers VS. New Ultimates. The above illustration is listed as the cover to the Avengers but somehow I think they may have misspoke.

I just introduced a lot of stuff here. Lemme know if you have questions about the Marvel continuity as a whole, how the movies (Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor etc.) fit in and what the heck the Ultimate Universe is all about... I'm here for the people.

No comments:

Nuggets

Nuggets
Most of the Science Fiction Vehicles in the known multiverse TO RELATIVE SCALE

PANDORA's BOX - Some of what I'm Listening to..

Showing some of my most recent Pandora Station Selections. If you want a serious 90's hip-hop "fire-and-forget" party mix, I always recommend "Black Sheep Radio"